Friday, January 15, 2016

My Introduction and Reasonings

Welcome to my Blog! 

My name is Rhylie Anderson and I am 19 years old. I am married to the most amazing man and we have been married now a little over 5 months. We were married in the LDS Payson Utah Temple on August 7th, 2015. I am an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I hold my faith very dear to my heart.
Here is a little backstory of my relationship with my husband. I started dating my husband Kyle a little over a month after moving away to college. Kyle had returned from serving a LDS mission in Italy the previous summer and was starting his first year of college when we met. We met at the LDS institute near our university but didn’t really talk to each other until a homecoming event on the Friday of that week. We immediately clicked and started dating within a week after our first encounter. We dated our whole first year of college and got engaged the following May. We dated for 8 ½ months before we got engaged.
Dating wasn’t easy, we did have differing opinions and trials but we determined that our relationship was special and we wanted to be together forever.  I went into marriage with many different expectations, and within a month many of those had to be dealt with and thrown out. Since dating wasn’t the easiest I am still baffled that I had the impression that marriage was going to be a walk in the park. My husband and I have been through many trials in our first months of marriage but because of those things I feel I am a far greater person now than I was even at the beginning of our marriage. I understand how incredibly blessed I am to have found my eternal companion so early in my life. Many people would say that I didn’t live enough of my life to figure out who I am yet or that I am “leaving the party early” but to start living my life with my best friend by my side every step of the way brings me the most happiness.

This blog will be about my experiences in this young marriage and the things that I have already learned (or been made aware of) about being a married couple. I will be using personal experiences and thoughts and advice from other outside sources. I hope to help those who are dating, newly married, and those who have been married quite a while understand how they can improve their relationship with their spouse or significant other and come closer to perfection through Jesus Christ.

I'll leave you with this quote that describes how I feel about my husband perfectly.
-Rhylie
Source: freefoodphotos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment